How To Fix a Failing Facebook Ad
First Find the Problem
If you are running Lead Generating Facebook ad campaigns. And you are either getting no leads at all or just expensive leads. You are going to first need to find out the problem. There are either two reasons why an ad is not working.
1. The Ad is getting NO Clicks, therefore no traffic is going to the page thus no leads.
2. The Ad is getting clicks, but no one is taking action on the landing page and signing up.
The Ad is Getting Little to No Clicks
Check your metrics and see what is the Link Click Through Rate. (LCTR)
This is the determining factor to see if anyone is clicking on your ad or not. Thus you can see from the image above the ad that got more clicks was the one that got the highest LCTR thus the cheapest Cost Per Link Click (LCPC).
The most expensive ad was the one that got a 0.28% LCTR. Thus giving me a expensive $7.75 click. Ouch!
So I turned that ad off, and then keep running the one that got the 1% LCTR.
It is normal to get a LCTR of at least 1%. If you can get a 2% or higher LCTR then you should be getting some good traffic to your funnel thus cheaper cost per clicks and leads.
How To Fix It?
To increase the LCTR (which will give you cheaper cost per click thus more clicks thus more leads) you need to focus on the image or video you are running. By changing the image or video can get the attraction you need to read the content on the ad and produce you a click.
Next focus on the copy. Is the copy giving them a specific call to action and reason? The most part of this is the image or video but the second part comes down to the copy.
The image or video will attract the audience, and the copy will determine the type of audience who clicks!
Getting Clicks But No Sign Up?
First off, if you are getting clicks. The LCTR is above 1% and you are driving traffic to your funnel. But when they get to the landing page they are not converting. We need to assess the reason why?
1. Does it work? (test it, and make sure. Sometimes that's all it takes to find an error)
2. What does the ad say, and then when they land on the page what does the page say? Does the page take them further into the conversation promised on the ad?
Are you promising them apples on the ad, and then when they land on the landing page the are learning about oranges. Remember... They didn't want oranges, they wanted apples.
3. The funnel just plain sucks. It's okay. You don't have to change the entire funnel. Some tweaks such as headlines, and call to actions (CTAs) on the buttons will do the trick. Split test your AB and test the small things out. Headlines and CTAs.
How to Fix Your Funnel?
1. Split test the landing page with a different headline (tip: you can test headlines in the ad first and see what is hot, then put them on the landing page)
2. Split test your call to actions and make them very specifically clear.
3. What is your promise? You don't have to repeat yourself but you can from the ad to the funnel however, continue the conversation where it was left off. (long form ads to long form sales letters work really good if you got your targeting right!)
4. Just hire us, and we will do it for you! :) Learn How!